Dr. Asante Le Blanc
Dr. Asante LeBlanc is a Cuban born Guyanese living in Trinidad and Tobago, married and a mother of five. She always wanted to be a doctor since her childhood where she accompanied her father on ward rounds and health campaigns around Guyana. She is a graduate the University of Western Ontario where she did her first degree, she then later graduated Medical Studies at ISCMH, Havana Cuba. She is a General Practitioner and has been the Medical Director of Victoria Clinic since 2010 and currently serves as Chairperson on the Board of Directors of the Trinidad and Tobago Cancer Society.
Whilst studying and later practicing the western approach to medicine her desire to offer patients a more holistic approach to healing and wellness lead her to pursue studies in the Complimentary Branch of Medicine becoming a Medical Herbalist and Acupuncturist. Seeing the need for more specialist in the area of bone care she further qualified as a Clinical Densitometrist.
Dr. LeBlanc’s goal is to help patients with chronic ailments return to a happy healthy lifestyle combining western and eastern practices in a holistic approach.
As Chairperson of the Trinidad and Tobago Cancer Society , a founding member of the TTNCD Alliance, she has been consistently aiming to consolidate policies at a national level with respect to the prevention and education of NCDs in Trinidad and Tobago, including the consolidation and concrete structure and functioning of the National Cancer Registry as well and working with the main stakeholders and the Ministry of Health on the National Cancer Control Committee.
Facilities offered at Victoria Clinic include:
Tests (Prostate Cancer, Pap Smears, etc)
· Comprehensive blood testing
· Resting Electrocardiogram
· Bone Density Testing
· Medical Consultations (Executive, Annual and Pre-Employment Medicals)
· Integrative Medicine programmes combining the use of Acupuncture and other modalities within the scope of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Western Herbology.
· Holistic Health Talks
· We also provide case management for local and foreign based clients seeking medical attention in Trinidad, coordinating their medical care through our networks.
For our Corporate Clients we offer the services below which can be done at their location:
· Pre-employment Medicals
· Food badge medicals
· Basic Annual Medicals base on your Group Health Plan
· Annual Executive Medicals
· General Medical Services if need be including, Management of Injury on the job cases, Random Drug Testing, Consultation with employees as is required (these services can be provided on site or at our office)
· Integrative Medicine Interventions (Traditional Chinese Medicine Consultations)
· Health seminars